Friday, July 3, 2015

Jesus is my Freedom

This holiday weekend approaches and many of us are preparing to celebrate our nation's day of Independence, thoughts of our nation's history and the events, the sacrifices that led us here, ever fleeting. 

However, it's been all I could think about. The lives lost and pain endured to allow us to live free. Free to worship God and praise his Holy name and share his Word with fellow countrymen. I sat here in dismay, overwhelmed this week at the things happening in the world today and wondering how the future might look tomorrow. It was a scary few moments, but then I remembered a greater sacrifice begging remembrance this Independence Day. 

Jesus Christ. His life paid the cost, his blood shed on the cross, for my freedom so I would no longer be lost. {1 Peter 1:18-29}


"I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag and to the Savior, those whose Kingdom it stands, one Savior crucified, risen, and coming again, with life and liberty for all who believe." ~Dan Quayle
I've long since given my life over to the Lord. The chains of sin no longer keeping my soul apart from God. Through Jesus I can speak to him all the day long. {Romans 5:6-10} Remembering Jesus's ultimate sacrifice chased away my fears and renewed my hope. 

God is in control and Jesus has paid for our true freedom. 

Prayer: Safe travels this weekend and may God fill your hearts with joy and confidence assurance of his goodness, kindness, and love. That you remain hopeful and continue to seek our Father in Heaven in everything you do. Bless the broken people who have given up so much for us and this country, bless their families too. May we always remember your son and what he did for us. In Jesus name, Amen.

"I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments." -- Psalms 119:45 NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment